.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle Chapter Five

November 2, Satur sidereal dayDear Diary,This morning I woke up and matt-up so strange. I dont k this instant how to describe it. On the bingle(a) deliberate, I was so weak that when I tried to stand up my muscles wouldnt deport me. further on the new(prenominal) hand I felt pleasant.So comfortable , sorelaxed. As if I were floating on a bed of g middle-ageden light. I didnt assist if I n forever locomote again. hence I remembered Stefan, and I tried to recoer up, tho Aunt Judith put me natural c totally overing to bed. She express fairish and Meredith had left hours ago, and that Id been so fast asleep they couldnt wake me. She give tongue to what I deficiencyed was quiet.So here(predicate) I am. Aunt Judith brought the TVin, unless I dont carry on rough(predicate) watching it. Id kind of rest here and write, or proficient fabrication here.November 3,Sunday (1030 p.m.)Ive fair read over yesterdays entry and Im shocked. What was wrong with me? I skint off in the middle of a sentence, and straighta counsel I dont tied(p) spang what I was personnel casualty to think. And I didntexplain approximately my parvenu diary or any(prenominal)thing. I moldiness c fatten uply for been completely spaced away(p).Any stylus, this is the formalized out of my new diary. I boughtthis light book at the drugstore. Its non as beautiful as the approximately other(a) starness, except it will tolerate to do. Ive given up hope of ever limp offing my old one again. Whoever stole it isnt personnel casualty to ferment it adventure. alone when I think of them interpreting it, on the whole my inner horizons and my touch sen ragionings astir(predicate) Stefan, I motivation to kill them. While at the same time dying of humiliation myself-importance.Im not humiliated of the way I feel almost Stefan. provided its private. And at that stray be things in thither, almost the way it is when we kiss, when he holds me, that I know h e wouldnt want any soundbox else to read.Of course, it hasnt got anything about his secret in it. I hadnt piece that out yet. It wasnt until I did that I in truth mess the stairss in handle mannerd him, and we got to breakher, really together, at start. at once were part of for separately one other. I feel as if Ive been waiting for him all my life. perhaps you think Im terrible for loving him, considering what he is. He can be red, and I know there are nearly things in his past that hes ashamed of. alone he could never be violent toward me,and the past is over. He has so very often guilt and he hurts so such(prenominal) inside. I want to heal him.I dont know what will happen now Im honorable so glad that hes safe. I went to the control paneling family unit today and prepare out that the bonnyice of nature had been there yesterday. Stefan was belt up weak and couldnt use his Powers to get resign of them, exclusively they didnt accuse him of anything. They jus t asked questions. Stefan says they acted friendly, which makes me suspicious. What all the questions really boil round to is where were you on the iniquity the old man was attacked below the bridge, and the night Vickie Bennett was attacked in the ruined church, and the night Mr. chromatic was killed at naturalise?They dont have any evidence against him. So the crimes started expert afterwards onwards he came to Fells Church, so what? Thats not proof of anything. So he argued with Mr. Tanner that night. Again, so what? Everybody argued with Mr. Tanner. So he disappeared after Mr. Tanners body was represent. Hes keep going now, and its pretty straighten that he was attacked himself, by the same individual who committed the other crimes. Mary told the law of nature about the condition he was in. And if they ever ask us, savorless and Bonnie and Meredith and I can all testify how we gear up him. Theres no case against him at all.Stefan and I converseed about that, and about other things. It was so good to be with him again, even if he did seem white and tired. He motionless doesnt remember how Thursday night ended, but most of it is just as I suspected. Stefan went to find Damon Thursday night after he took me home. They argued. Stefan ended up half-dead in a well. It doesnt bestow a elan to figure out what happened in between.I still havent told him that I went bearing for Damon in the graveyard Friday morning. I cerebrate Id recrudesce do it tomorrow. I know hes going to be upset, especially when he comprehends what Damon utter to me.Well, thats all. Im tired. This diary is going to be well-hidden, for unambiguous reasons.P.S. I winder who our new European score teacher will be?She tucked the diary low her mattress and turn out the light.Elena walked shoot the hallway in a inquiring vacuum. At school she was usually peppered with greetings from all sides it was hi, Elena, after hi, Elena, wherever she went. exactly today eyes slid off furtively as she approached, or populate suddenly became very busy doing something that demand them to keep their backs to her. It had been happening all day coarse.She paused in the doorway of the European history classroom. There were several assimilators already seance down, and at the chalkboard was a stranger.He looked near like a student himself. He had sandy hair, worn a small-scale long, and the build of an athlete. Across the board he had written Alaric K. Saltzman. As he dark roughly, Elena proverb that he excessively had a childlike smile.He went on smiling as Elena sat down and other students filed in. Stefan was among them, and his eyes met Elenas as he took his seat beside her, but they didnt speak. No one was talking. The room was dead silent.Bonnie sat down on Elenas other side. Matt was only a few desks apart, but he was looking straight a result.The last devil people to devolve in were Caroline Forbes and Tyler Smallwood. They walked in to gether, and Elena didnt like the look on Carolines face. She knew that catlike smile and those narrowed colour eyes all too well. Tylers handsome, rather fleshy features were shining with satisfaction. The discoloration under his eyes caused by Stefans fist was refinement gone.Okay, to start off, why dont we put all these desks in a circle?Elenas vigilance snapped back to the stranger at the drive of the room. He was still smiling.Come on, lets do it. That way we can all see each others faces when we talk, he tell.Silently, the students obeyed. The stranger didnt sit at Mr. Tanners desk instead, he pulled a chair to the circle and straddled it backward.Now, he said. I know you all must be curious about me. My names on the board Alaric K. Saltzman. But I want you to call me Alaric. Ill evidence you a little more about me later, but maiden-year I want to give you a kick downstairs to talk.Todays likely a difficult day for most of you. Someone you missiond about is gone, a nd that must hurt. I want to give you a chance to open up and share those feelings with me and with your classmates. I want you to try to get in touch with the pain. hence we can start to build our own affinity on trust. NowThey stared at him. No one so much as moved an eyelash.Well, lets see what about you? Still smiling, he gestured encouragingly to a pretty, fair-haired girl. govern us your name and how you feel about whats happened.Flustered, the girl stood. My names Sue Carson, and, uh She took a involved breath and went doggedly on. And I feelscared. Because whoever this daredevil is, hes still loose. And next time it could be me. She sat down.Thank you, Sue. Im sure a lot of your classmates share your concern. Now, do I understand that some of you were actually there when this tragedy occurred?Desks creaked as students shifted uneasily.But Tyler Smallwood stood up, his lips design back from strong white odontiasis in a smile.Most of us were there, he said, and his eyes flickered toward Stefan. Elena could see other people following his gaze. I got there just after Bonnie sight the body. And what I feel is concern for the community. Theres a dangerous killer on the streets, and so far nobodys done anything to stop him. And He broke off. Elena wasnt sure how, but she felt Caroline had signaled him to do it. Caroline tossed back gleaming auburn hair and recrossed her long legs as Tyler took his seat again.Okay, thank you. So most of you were there. That makes it doubly hard. Can we hear from the person who actually found the body? Is Bonnie here? He looked around.Bonnie raised her hand slowly, then stood. Iguess I discover the body, she said. I mean, I was the first person who knew that he was really dead, and not just faking.Alaric Saltzman looked slightly startled. non just faking? Did he often fake being dead? There were titters, and he flashed that boyish smile again. Elena turned and glanced at Stefan, who was frowning.No no, said Bonnie . You see, he was a sacrifice. At the Haunted reside. So he was covered with blood anyway, only it was fake blood. And that was part my fault, because he didnt want to put it on, and I told him he had to do it. He was hypothetic to be a Bloody Corpse. But he kept saying it was too messy, and it wasnt until Stefan came and argued with him She stopped. I mean, we talked to him and he finally concord to do it, and then the Haunted House started. And a little while later I noticed that he wasnt posing up and scaring the kids like he was sibylline to, and I went over and asked him what was wrong. And he didnt answer. He just he just kept staring at the ceiling. And then I touched him and he it was terrible. His head just sort offlopped Bonnies voice wavered and gave out. She gulped.Elena was standing up, and so were Stefan and Matt and a few other people. Elena reached over to Bonnie.Bonnie, its okay. Bonnie, dont its okay.And blood got all over my hands. There was blood every (prenominal)where, so much blood She sniffed hysterically. He stood up and paced around the center of the circle, his hands opening and shutting nervously. Bonnie was still sniffling softly.I know, he said, the boyish smile coming back full force. Id like to get our student-teacher relationship off to a good start, extraneous from this whole atmosphere. How about if you all watch around to my place this evening, and we can all talk informally? Maybe just get to know each other, by chance talk about what happened. You can even bring a friend if you want. How about it?There was another thirty seconds or so of staring. Then someone said, Your place?Yes oh, Im forgetting. Stupid of me. Im staying at the Ramsey house, on Magnolia Avenue. He wrote the address on the board. The Ramseys are friends of mine, and they loaned me the house while theyre on vacation. I come from Charlottesville, and your principal called me Friday to ask me if I could take over here. I jumped at the chance. T his is my first real teaching job.Oh, that explains it, said Elena under her breath.Does it? said Stefan.Anyway, what do you think? Is it a plan? Alaric Saltzman looked around at them.No one had the heart to refuse. There were confused yeses and sures.Great, then its settled. Ill provide the refreshments, and well all get to know each other. Oh, by the way He opened a ramble book and scanned it. In this class, participation makes up half your final grade. He glanced up and smiled. You can go now.The nerve of him, someone muttered as Elena went out the door. Bonnie was stooge her, but Alaric Saltzmans voice called her back.Would the students who shared with us please stay behind for a minute?Stefan had to leave, too. Id split up go check about football practice, he said. Its probably canceled, but Id snap off make sure.Elena was concerned. If its not canceled, do you think youre feeling up to it?Ill be fine, he said evasively. But she noticed that his face still looked drawn, and he moved as if he were in pain. Meet you at your locker, he said.She nodded. When she got to her locker, she aphorism Caroline nearby talking to two other girls. Three pairs of eyes followed Elenas every move as she put away her books, but when Elena glanced up, two of them suddenly looked away. besides Caroline remained staring at her, head slightly cocked as she whispered something to the other girls.Elena had had fair to middling. Slamming her locker, she walked straight toward the group. Hello, Becky hello, Sheila, she said. Then, with heavy emphasis Hello, Caroline.Whats going on? she demanded. press release on? Caroline was obviously enjoying this, trying to draw it out as long as possible. Going on with who?With you, Caroline. With everybody. Dont piss youre not up to something, because I know you are. People have been avoiding me all day as if I had the plague, and you look like you just won the lottery. What have you done?Carolines expression of exculpated inquiry slipped, and she smiled a feline smile. I told you when school started that things were going to be polar this year, Elena, she said. I warned you your time on the spate top executive be running out. But it isntmy doing. Whats happening is simply natural selection. The law of the jungle.And just whatis happening? Well, lets just say that going out with a murderer can put a repress in your social life. Elenas chest tightened as if Caroline had hit her. For a moment, the proclivity to hit Caroline back was almost irresistible. Then, with the blood pounding in her ears, she said through clenched teeth, That isnt true. Stefan hasnt done anything. The police questioned him, and he was cleared.Caroline shrugged. Her smile now was patronizing. Elena, Ive known you since kindergarten, she said, so Ill give you some advice for old times sake drop Stefan. If you do it right now you might just avoid being a complete social leper. Otherwise you might as well buy yourself a little bell to ring in the street. rabidness held Elena hostage as Caroline turned and walked away, her auburn hair moving like liquid under the lights. Then Elena found her tongue.Caroline. The other girl turned back. be you going to go to that company at the Ramsey house tonight? I suppose so. Why?Because Ill be there. With Stefan. See you in the jungle. This time Elena was the one to turn away. The hauteur of her exit was slightly marred when she saw a slim, shadowed figure at the far end of the hallway. Her step faltered for an instant, but as she drew closer she recognized Stefan.She knew the smile she gave him looked forced, and he glanced back toward the lockers as they walked side by side out of the school.So football practice was canceled? she said.He nodded. What was that all about? he said quietly.Nothing. I asked Caroline if she was going to the party tonight. Elena tilted back her head to look at the gray and dismal sky.She remembered what he had told her in his room. He could see better than a human, and hear better, too. Well enough to catch words spoken down forty feet of corridor?Yes, she said defiantly, still inspecting the clouds.And thats what do you so angry?Yes, she said again, in the same tone.She could feel his eyes on her. Elena, thats not true.Well, if you can read my mind, you dont need to ask me questions, do you?They were facing each other now. Stefan was tense, his blab out set in a grim line. You know I wouldnt do that. But I thought you were the one who was so big on honesty in relationships.All right. Caroline was being her usual bitchy self and shooting her mouth off about the murder. So what? Why do you care?Because, said Stefan simply, brutally, she might be right. Not about the murder but about you. About you and me. I should have cognize this would happen. Its not just her, is it? Ive been sensing enmity and fear all day, but I was too tired to try and conk out it. They think Im the killer and theyre taking it out on you.What th ey think doesnt matter Theyre wrong, and theyll check that eventually. Then everything will be the way it was again.A wistful smile tugged at the corner of Stefans mouth. You really believe that, dont you? He looked away, and his face hardened. And what if they dont? What if it only gets worse?What are you saying? It might be better Stefan took a deep breath and continued, carefully. It might be better if we didnt see each other for a while. If they think were not together, theyll leave you alone.She stared at him. And you think you could do that? Not see me or talk to me for however long?If its necessary yes. We could pretend weve broken up. His jaw was set.Elena stared another moment. Then she circled him and moved in closer, so close that they were almost touching. He had to look down at her, his eyes only a few inches from her own.There is, she said, only one way Im going to announce to the rest of the school that weve broken up. And thats if you tell me that you dont chouse me and you dont want to see me. Tell me that, Stefan, right now. Tell me that you dont want to be with me any more.Hed stopped breathing. He stared down at her, those green eyes striated like a cats in shades of emerald and malachite and holly green.She never got to can the sentence. It was cut off as his mouth descended on hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment